Program Management – Singapore
Hyper Island Institute for Higher Education in Singapore is expanding! Over the past 6 years, we’ve seen over 5,000 individuals come through our doors to experience transformative learning in the areas of technology and change. Our impact is what drives us, and we’re on a journey to reinvent education and people development in Asia.
We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and driven co-worker to join our team in Singapore. This person will be the Program Manager for our Part-Time Masters in Digital Management (PTMA).
As a Program Manager you lead the educational journey for the PTMA students with regard to curriculum development, learning experience, and logistics/planning.
You’re a creative problem solver, highly collaborative, resourceful and flexible in your ways of working, and you have a strong drive to help people grow and develop. Your core competences are learning design, group facilitation and project management. You’ll be reporting to the Academic Director and Managing Director, and working closely with both the Academic Team, the Operations Team and the Marketing and Recruitment Team.
Hyper Island’s overall aim and purpose is to graduate highly employable and empowered individuals to drive change and innovation, as well as function effectively in teams as leaders and coworkers in the industry.
The Program Manager creates and facilitates the learning framework composed of rich and challenging experiences rooted in experiential learning (learning by doing), real life challenges and Hyper Island Methodology with the aim of transforming individuals.
- Own the students experience.
- Design, plan and project manage the PTMA programme in Digital Management according to Programme curriculum, budget and Hyper Island methodology.
- Hands on facilitation of the student experience through classroom sessions, teamwork, one to one meetings, remote communication and by being a class leader and role model for the students.
- Supervise, assess and monitor the PTMA students.
- Find and develop partnerships with organisations and industry experts to play a role in the PTMA.
- Quality assure the PTMA by gathering stakeholders feedback, evaluating, and constantly improving on content and process together with the Academic Director and Academic Team.
- Appropriately document and share with team members learning concepts in order to ensure knowledge sharing and potential reusability, as well as in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Be a visible role model in the community, promoting, designing and participating in events, creating a strong network around the Programme and being available to interview and provide insights to potential students.
- Work with the assigned learning concepts in a way that rhymes with the goal and purpose of Hyper Island as well as based on the Hyper Island Way (methodology).
- Minimum educational requirement is a Master’s degree.
- Tertiary education experience preferred, as well as relevant work experience in training or education and/or consulting (management, innovation, digital/brand).
- 2-3 years full time experience within training, education and/or facilitation would be an advantage.
- Profound understanding of the experience-based and problem-based learning.
- Share the guiding principles of Hyper Island. See http://www.hyperisland.com/about/philosophy.
- Excellent self-organisation and project management skills.
- Confident on your feet, resourceful problem solver and great storytelling abilities.
- Passion for education and technology/digital.
- Client management experience is preferable.
- Able to work on occasional weekends ( Master’s programme modules run on Thursday to Sunday every 6-8 weeks throughout the academic year)