Head of Business Development
Business Transformation – Singapore
Asia is incredible. By 2030, 3.2 billion people will have escaped poverty and entered the middle classes. In the next 10 years we will see a shift in geopolitical power with global trade patterns becoming unrecognizable to businesses used to catering for old western middle-income brackets. The potential in the region is palpable but disruption is inevitable as billions enter the new digital economy with growing expectations and demands. If, like us, you want to impact many, Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education is for you. At Hyper Island, we empower people to shape their world, and not be swept away by it. We’re looking for like minded people with big business experience who want to make a remarkable difference.
Hyper Island Institute in Singapore is expanding! Over the past 6 years, we’ve seen 5,000 plus individuals come through our doors to experience transformative learning in the areas of digital and business transformation. Our impact is what drives us, and we’re on a journey to reinvent education and people development in Asia. Our ambition is to propel the billions in the new middle classes of Asia into the digital economy.
Our small but ambitious team make game-changing ideas a reality, from technological experiments with nurturing teaching bots, to the expansion of existing businesses into new countries. We're a team of learning designers, techies, human centered designers, entrepreneurs, futurists and leaders in the digital economy. We are developing ideas that revolutionize the way people learn and shape their future.
We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and driven co-creator to join our growing team in Singapore. This person will be the Head of Business Development for Asia, responsible for driving our sales excellence in the region. We are a small but ambitious team who want to be a global Centre of Excellence in impact.
Responsibilities Head of Business Development
To make the sort of impact we are looking for, we need to grow our reach within influential MNCs that touch billions of Asians. Working in partnership with the MD, the Head of Business Development will be our engine of growth. You’ll:-
- Develop and support inbound and outbound sales opportunities , driving pitches, shaping the engagement, and building & growing a pipeline that converts to incremental revenue
- Be an active custodian of our value offering and unique selling points, working closely with marketing at a local and global level
- Work with the US, Brazil, Sweden and UK campuses to build a global offering
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team in Singapore and globally to give us a disproportionately powerful voice
- Improve our sales processes by creating a strategy and putting it into (best) practice
- Work with our human centered designers and academic team to develop and implement best practices to maximize pipeline creation, conversion rates and forecasting
- Build a BD team of agents and collaborators for new markets across Asia
Day to day
- Achieve or exceed our quarterly forecasts which we set together
- Inspire senior HR and other business leaders to build a learning organization
- Develop a targeted new business list, outbound strategy, and marketing material to increase our pipeline
- Work in Hubspot CRM to track, share and persuade prospects
- Be a creative thinker who finds solutions to meet growing sales targets
- Offer strong thought leadership within the global sales team and marketing team
- Understand our prospects’ business needs, develop proposals that deliver to these need and differentiate Hyper Island
- Bring people hope for their future in uncertain times through transformative learning programs
Knowledge and Experience
- Passion for and knowledge of digital and business transformation
- Strong network and contacts with (local, regional and global) companies in Singapore and across Asia
- Minimum 10 years experience in a business development role with evidence of track record of income generation (min 1 mln SGD per annum).
- Demonstrated experience in client relationship building
- Negotiating and closing commercial deals
- Confident with great storytelling abilities
- Excellent client development and project management skills
- Preferred: working experience in business education or global training organisations
The role will be based in Singapore and you will report to the Managing Director in Singapore. The role will also include 30% to 40% travel time. And of course training and professional development
Apply if you too want to make a difference and propel Asia in the Digital Economy.