Masters Programme Leader Manchester UK - Part Time
PROGRAMME LEADER/LEARNING DESIGNER
MASTERS PROGRAMMES - DIGITAL EXPERIENCE DESIGN & DIGITAL MANAGEMENT
HYPER ISLAND UK
- Continuous employment contract – Part Time 3 days a week
- 25 days holiday per year (pro rata)
- Competitive salary
Founded in Sweden in 1995, Hyper Island is a global leader in education and professional development, helping individuals and organisations own their future and lead change.
In 2011, after a successful pilot program, we established a school in Manchester and have since expanded our operations in Manchester and London & Stockholm.
This role works in the Masters courses and is responsible for running our Masters programmes as part of the design and delivery team.
Purpose of role
Hyper Island has a reputation for groundbreaking industry led digital education. This is an important role, responsible for being the custodian of this reputation and ensuring we continue to be perceived as the training ground of the future, which is recognised regionally, nationally and globally.
As one of the Programme Leaders/Learning Designers you will be responsible for designing and executing our Masters programmes. The core competencies of a Programme Leader is learning design, learning facilitation and project management. You will deliver the curriculum framework, facilitate the process and create rich and challenging learning experiences for our students, this role also requires a depth of academic understanding in assessment and supervision at Masters level.
Hyper Island works with a methodology based on experience based learning. You will be interested in developing a detailed knowledge and understanding of the Hyper Island methodology with a focus on group facilitation, reflection, active listening and feedback tools. An understanding of Academia and Masters level education is desired due to the nature of the course.
The Programme Leader/Learning Designer will work as part of the design and delivery team in the UK, based in Manchester centring on the Full Time Masters, but collaboating with the Part Time.
- Ensure the Masters programmes meet the qualification learning outcomes
- Work with industry leaders and academics to develop innovative and challenging projects for students
- Identify interesting speakers and workshop leaders from the creative and digital community
- Work with businesses and organisations to develop live briefs for student projects
- Support students through their learning journey to fulfil their potential within industry and academic pursuits
- Facilitate student group development sessions including reflection and feedback sessions
- Follow and manage the assessment and moderation process in accordance to our partner University guidelines
- Supervise some students during their industry research project (equivalent to a Masters thesis)
- Build networks with industry professionals to support the design and delivery of the programmes
- Perform applicant interviews during the student recruitment process
- When appropriate working with our business clients on transformation programmes
- Manage the programme delivery budget and administration, reporting on a regular basis
- The role will require a knowledge of Masters Level Assessment.
Knowledge and experience
- Significant experience of designing and delivering experience based learning workshops/programmes
- Facilitating groups and supporting teams to work effectively
- Prior Academic Assessment knowledge
- Project management and budget responsibility
- Masters degree and an understanding of level 7 education
- Delivering courses in higher education and/or post-graduate education
- Experience of teaching or facilitation in a similar role
- A network of contacts working in brands, digital, tech, creative, media or communications industries
Skills and behaviours
- Strong people skills, especially working with students and professionals
- Able to build and maintain diverse networks of professionals and companies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Adaptable to change
- Flexible, collaborative and willingness to work within a changing environment
The role will be based in in Manchester. The role will also include training and professional development.
PROGRAMME MANAGER/LEARNING DESIGNER (MASTERS PROGRAMMES)
Hyper Island UK
At Hyper Island in the UK we currently deliver a full time and part time Masters programme in Digital Media Management and a full time Masters programme in Digital Experience Design. Both full time programmes involve 6 months of study in Manchester, followed by students going out into industry to conduct a final research project over 5 months.
Digital Media Management is Hyper Island's flagship course and is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in emerging digital industries. This post-graduate programme provides powerful insights into the thought processes, tools and techniques that drive some of the world's most successful and innovative companies.
It has been designed with expert industry professionals and educators to allow students to develop the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for an advanced strategic understanding of project management, leadership, technology, design, creativity, effective team-working, and entrepreneurship.
Digital Media Management runs as a full time course in Manchester and a Part Time course in London & Stockholm, the applicant would be working on the Full Time course in Manchester.
Digital Experience Design is about designing digital products and services that meet human needs and solve business challenges. It is a specific design-focused programme, in contrast to the broader, more strategic-focused Digital Media Management.
Students will learn: Design and Creativity, including how to generate, refine, and present high quality ideas and concepts; Project Management, including emerging methodologies for individual and team effectiveness, and creating balanced design teams; Business Strategy, understanding how good design should meet key business objectives, pitching concepts and defending designs, and client management; Design Research, including developing empathy, understanding people, generating insights from cutting-edge research techniques.
As with all Hyper Island programmes there is a thread running through the programme of leadership and group dynamics, with a focus on effectiveness and personal responsibility.