About Hyper Island
Hyper Island is a school for lifelong learning. A school for digitally-oriented creatives that for more than two decades have distilled talent into many different industries. It was founded in a Swedish city called Karlskrona on an actual island.
Hyper Island today is a global organization with schools and offices around the world.
Even so, we remain true to our original vision and guiding principles. Two of these are “change the world” and “lead the change”. Here, at the birthplace of Hyper Island, we continue to prototype for change. The change we want to see in the world is aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Hyper Island specializes in digitally driven business transformation by training individuals and organizations within the areas of tech & digital, innovation & creativity, and leadership & culture. The need for training is substantial and continues to increase across all industries.
In Karlskrona we currently have two long term programs: Digital Media Creative and Motion Designer and will start two new programs in August: UX Designer and Business Developer with focus on digital transformation.
As learning designer and facilitator of our long term Business developer program you are responsible to co- design and facilitate the student's learning journey throughout the 1,5 years they are enrolled. In your role you will collaborate with a team of 5 program managers. You will be supported by a program steering committee and a wide network into the industry.
As a learning designer for our long term online course you are a course creator, organiser and strategist.
Who are we looking for?
We think you are a driven, goal oriented leader and online learning designer with a genuine interest in people´s personal and professional development as well as in exploring and developing world class online learning content in an agile fashion.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Facilitate, plan and produce online learning content in collaboration with industry experts.
- Lead the students learning journeys.
- Actively grow and maintain the professional network consisting of speakers and trainers.
- To take an active role in the programs team and collaborate with the other program managers in various projects such as cross program workshops.
- Continuous work with budget, forecast and cost control.
- Prepare for, perform, document and follow up on quality assurance activities. Participate in the process of applying and re-applying for new and current programs.
- Plan and lead the yearly program development process for the program.
- A creative mindset.
- Having a fearless attitude towards digital technology. A “maker mindset”.
- A genuine interest in digital/tech, design, exponential technologies and innovation processes.
- Experience in learning design and content creation for distance learning.
- A genuine interest in education and individual development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in English written & verbal.
- Experience with educational leadership, coaching, operational management or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience in video production is a plus.
March 1st or as soon as possible.
We offer flexible arrangements regarding your location. Your team will be based in Karlskrona.
An applicant shall send in CV and maximum two A4 pages answering the following questions:
"What drives you to get out of bed in the morning?"
"What is the change in the world you want to work for?"
You shall also send in a max. 2 minutes video answering the question:
"Briefly describe why you would be a good fit for this position?"
Send your application including your CV and the personal letter to email@example.com
Application deadline is February the 28th. Please note that if we find the right candidate the application process may be closed earlier than stated. Please present your documents in English.
If you have any questions contact Jörg Teichgraeber, Program Director Karlskrona.