Client Partner Singapore
Business Transformation - Singapore
Asia is incredible. By 2030, 3.2 billion people will have escaped poverty and entered the middle classes. In the next 10 years we will see a shift in geopolitical power with global trade patterns becoming unrecognizable to businesses used to catering for old western middle-income brackets. The potential in the region is palpable but disruption is inevitable as billions enter the new digital economy with growing expectations and demands. If, like us, you want impact many, Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education is for you. At Hyper Island, we empower people to shape their world, and not be swept away by it. We’re looking for like minded people with big business experience who want to make a remarkable difference.
Hyper Island Institute in Singapore is expanding! Over the past 6 years, we’ve seen 5,000 plus individuals come through our doors to experience transformative learning in the areas of digital and business transformation. Our impact is what drives us, and we’re on a journey to reinvent education and people development in Asia. Our ambition is to propel the billions in the new middle classes of Asia into the digital economy.
We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and driven co-creator to join our growing team in Singapore. This person will be the Client Partner, responsible for driving our service excellence in the region.
Our small but ambitious team make game-changing ideas a reality, from technological experiments with nurturing teaching bots, to the expansion of existing businesses into new countries. We're a team of learning designers, techies, human centered designers, entrepreneurs, futurists and leaders in the digital economy. We are developing ideas that revolutionize the way people learn and shape their future.
The role is based in Singapore and will focus on our client partnerships in Asia as we enter our next stage of growth, and is dedicated to nurturing long-term partnerships with brands and businesses. The key purpose of this role is client management and business growth. Our client work includes digital transformation, innovation, and culture and leadership development.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Develop long term partnerships and transformation journeys with clients; understanding their challenges & needs, and tailor suitable offerings and programs
- Generate new business opportunities, establish and develop new clients
- Identify a variety of sources (direct outreach, networking, industry conferences, press, PR ) to develop new leads and client prospects with significant long-term revenue potential
- Develop a knowledge base and broad networks of relationships in key industry segments eg FMCG / Finance / Communication & Branding / Media / Healthcare / Retail
Design & Delivery:
- With our learning designers, create a learning journey for our clients and prospecting clients
- Co-Facilitate clients in delivery
- Develop imaginative offerings for our client journey to develop people in their business
- The ideal candidate is a natural networker, with business flair, an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on targeting new opportunities and winning new business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and resilience to build new relationships, as well as creativity and energy.
- The ability to communicate the opportunities digital can bring whilst understanding the challenges organizations face adopting a Digital First mindset is crucial.
- This role requires autonomy, personal drive, and a ‘hands-on, can-do’ attitude
- Being comfortable with a consultancy approach with our clients and supporting them throughout their transformation
- Travel within Asia Pacific and across the globe is required
- Able to to work occasionally on weekends
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in commercial revenue generation
- Proven track record of establishing and building new client relationships in the digital, marketing, innovation, or management consulting arena
- Natural networker with a strong network of senior contacts across a broad array of industries to bring to the table from day one
- Demonstrated strategic and business acumen with the ability to quickly and incisively diagnose a client’s biggest business challenge
- Demonstrated skills at consultative selling with an ability to uncover key insights through ongoing conversations to an understand show how the Hyper Island offering will benefit their business
- Ability to learn at speed and create learning solutions to solve business problems
- Focused and persistent with a drive to win new business
- Reliable, organized and outcome-oriented
- Resourceful and creative in identifying the right client prospects
- Sociable, ambitious and optimistic
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial in nature